Summer Adventures 2023
Can you believe it’s already time to think about summer? We’re so excited to have your kiddos join us for some amazing experiences during Summer Adventures 2023!
VIEW ALL CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
VIEW CLASSES BY AGE
VIEW CLASSES BY WEEK
Summer Adventures Information and Policies
- Registration will open to members on Wednesday, March 15 at 9:00 am.
- Registration will open to the public on Wednesday, March 22 at 9:00 am.
- Registrations may be made two ways: via online registration (available 24/7) or by phone (available M-F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. only)
- All registrations are completed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Age categories must be observed. Exceptions may be made if your child’s birthdate falls within the same month as the class. Please note, we cannot accept any student younger than four years old unless their birthday falls within the same week of the class.
- If your child has any food or environmental allergies or medical conditions that we need to be aware of, please fill out our Liability Waiver. This form must be filled out once each year regardless if your child has taken classes with us in the past. The form may be filled out online or you may request a paper form. Fill out Liability Waiver Online
- Please note that by paying class fees, you are giving permission to Stuhr Museum’s authorized staff photographers to capture your child’s image for use in any and all publications for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for your child’s picture to be taken, you must notify us in writing prior to your child’s class.
- Summer Adventures water bottles will be available for purchase in the Prairie Treasures Gift Shop this summer while supplies last.
- Summer Adventures t-shirts must be pre-ordered by May 5, 2023. This year’s shirt design can be seen below. A limited quantity of discounted shirts from past years are available in the Prairie Treasures Gift Shop while supplies last! Click here for t-shirt sizing info.
Payment and Cancellation
- Payment must accompany registration to reserve a spot in a class or workshop. Online sales may only be completed with a debit/credit card. If you wish to pay by cash or check, please call us to ensure a spot is available and then bring payment to the museum or mail it to us.
- In order to receive member pricing, the person paying for the class must be a member of Stuhr Museum. Stuhr Museum members will receive an e-mail containing the discount code on March 14 to enter at checkout. Refunds will not be issued if the discount is not entered at checkout. If you do not receive the e-mail or have updated your e-mail address since your last membership renewal, please contact us by phone or e-mail email@example.com. We will happily send you the code once we’ve verified your membership status.
- If the registrant wishes to cancel, notification must be made to Stuhr Museum 10 days prior to the class start date to receive a refund. Refunds given will be subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the first date of class are not eligible for refunds. No refund will be issued for days missed during class.
- Students may not be dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to class and must be picked up no more than 15 minutes after the end of class each day.
- A parking map will be provided to each vehicle on the first day of class. Your map serves as your pass into the museum for the duration of class. Please slow down and present pass to the Gate House Attendant any time you enter the grounds. If more than one vehicle will be dropping off or picking up your child during the week, additional passes may be picked up at the Gate House at no charge.
- Please obey all stop signs, speed limits, and parking rules while dropping off or picking up your child.
- Please use the specified parking lot for drop-off and pick-up. Your child’s teacher will meet the students there each day and bring them back to that location at the end of the day. Please do not stop along the road to drop students off or pick them up for the safety of your child and others.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for class. Some of our classes have specific dress codes, such as long pants or closed-toe shoes. Specific dress codes will be included in the reminder e-mail for each week of classes. All classes may include activities where children may get messy. Stuhr Museum is not liable for stains, rips, tears, etc. to clothing.
- For classes without a specified dress code, we still recommend closed-toe shoes due to the outdoor nature of many classes. Students may encounter bugs and/or sunshine, so bug spray and sunscreen is recommended where appropriate.
- If your child is sick or unable to attend class due to a conflict, please notify your child’s teacher or contact the Stuhr Museum Education Department by phone or e-mail to let us know of your child’s absence. Children must be free of fever and other symptoms for 24 hours before attending Summer Adventures classes.
- We encourage your child to bring a water bottle with them to aid in hydration. Filling stations will be available across the museum grounds. Please only send water to class with your child- no pop, juice, etc.
- In the event of inclement weather, Stuhr Museum may choose to relocate or cancel classes for the safety of the students. Notification will be made as early as possible. If your child’s class is an outdoor class and it is raining, please stop at the Gate House to check where your child’s class has been relocated.
- Stuhr Museum reserves the right to remove any disruptive child from a class. Parents will be notified and asked to pick up their child and discuss return the rest of the week. No refunds will be given in this event.
- For classes that include a performance at the end of the week, two free admission passes for the performance will be provided to each student. Additional guests are welcome with paid daily admission. (Don’t forget – Stuhr Museum members always receive free daily admission!)
To register for a class, visit any of the class description lists above and click on the orange date under the class title. You will be taken to a new page to enter your child’s information. To add additional classes, you can click on the “Summer Adventures” link from the cart. Please be patient as the page loads, as it may take several seconds during times of heavy web traffic. Payment is due via debit or credit card at the time of registration. If your preferred class is full, call or e-mail us to be placed on the waitlist. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call us at (308) 385-5316.