Registration now open to the public!
Planning on registering in-person? Download the Summer Adventures Class registration form here.
Phone registrations will be taken any other day during normal business hours only.
Need To Renew Your Membership?
Science & Nature
SOLAR ENERGY 1
July 19 | 9-11:30 A.M.
Ages 7-9 | Member: $20, Non-member: $25
Discover how harvesting energy from the sun can provide us energy to grow, work and play. We will build a solar oven to prepare a yummy snack- can you think of anything ‘smore’ fun?
2021 Summer Adventures Information and Policies
- Registration will open to members on Saturday, March 6 at 9:00 am.
- Registration will open to the public on Saturday, March 20 at 9:00am.
- Registrations may be made two ways on opening days: via online registration or in person at Stuhr Museum in the Reynolds Building from 9 am – 2 pm. Phone registrations will be taken any other day during normal business hours only.
- All registrations are completed on a first-come, first served basis, regardless of registration method.
- Age categories must be observed and we will verify your child’s birthdate to confirm eligibility.
- If your child has any food or environmental allergies or medical conditions that we need to be aware of, please be sure to fill out our Medical Waiver of Liability and return it to Stuhr Museum prior to your child’s class so that the appropriate precautions can be taken. These forms are for informational use only and will be destroyed at the end of class. Dowload form here:
- Please note, by paying class fees you are giving permission to Stuhr Museum’s authorized staff photographers to capture your child’s image for use in any and all publications for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for your child’s picture to be taken, you must notify us in writing prior to your child’s class.
Stuhr Museum has taken the current COVID-19 situation into consideration when planning classes for 2021. Our plan is outline as follows, however recommendations or mandates from the local health department may result in changes. Any changes will be communicated to you in the reminder e-mail you receive prior to your child’s class.
- All students will need to bring a mask. Masks will be worn by our staff and students for the duration of class. Students in cooking classes will wear their masks indoors and taste-testing will take place outdoors where students can spread out to remove their masks. Students in other classes may also be permitted to remove their masks when outdoors if distancing allows, however the instructor will give permission only when it is appropriate to do so.
- Our classes will have limited spots available to ensure social distancing is possible. If restrictions relax by summer, some classes may have more spots added.
- Handwashing or hand sanitizer will be available at a number of locations around the grounds to use as needed.
- We ask parents monitor their child’s health at home and do not send children with any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness to class. If you choose to keep your child at home, please notify us by phone or e-mail to let us know of your child’s absence.
Payment and Cancellation
- Payment must accompany registration to reserve a spot in a class or workshop. Accepted forms of payment include cash, check or credit card. Online sales may only be completed with a credit card.
- In order to receive member pricing, the person paying for the class must be a member of Stuhr Museum. Stuhr Museum members will receive a discount code via e-mail to enter at checkout. Refunds will not be issued if the discount is not entered at checkout.
- If the registrant wishes to cancel, notification must be made to Stuhr Museum 10 days prior to the class start date to receive a refund. Refunds given will be subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the class are not eligible for refunds. No refund will be issued for days missed during class.
- Students may not be dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to class and must be picked up no more than 15 minutes after the end of class each day.
- A parking map will be provided to each vehicle on the first day of class. Your map serves as your pass into the museum for the duration of class. Please slow down and present pass to the Gate House Attendant any time you enter the grounds for entry. If more than one vehicle will be dropping off or picking up your child, additional passes will be available at the Gate House for no charge.
- Please obey all parking and speed limit rules while dropping off or picking up your child.
- Please use the specified parking lot for drop-off and pick-up. Your child’s teacher will meet the students there each day and bring them back to that location at the end of the day. Please do not stop along the road to drop students off or pick them up for the safety of your child and others.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for class. Several of our classes have specific dress codes, such as long pants or closed-toe shoes. Specific dress codes will be included in the reminder e-mail for each week of classes.
- For classes without a specified dress code, we still recommend closed-toe shoes due to the outdoor nature of many classes. Students may encounter bugs and sunshine, so bug spray or sunscreen is recommended where appropriate.
- Please only send water to class with your child- no pop or juice. Each child will receive a water bottle marked with their name to use during class and keep.
- In the event of inclement weather, Stuhr Museum may choose to relocate or cancel classes for the safety of the students. Notification will be made as early as possible. If your child’s class is outside and it is raining, please stop at the Gate House to check where your child’s class has been relocated.
- If your child is sick or unable to attend class due to a conflict, please notify Stuhr Museum by phone or e-mail to let us know of your child’s absence. If you know your child will be absent one day, you may also tell their teacher at drop-off or pick-up.
- Stuhr Museum reserves the right to remove any disruptive child from a class. Parents will be notified and asked to pick up their child and discuss return the rest of the week. No refunds will be given in this event.